The regular 'After the Weekend' post will most likely be an abbreviated version as OLR will be on a brief holiday. As such, there will be no OLR posts until next weekend.
Now I know that because most of what I post are links to what I think are informative or interesting bits about soccer, it doesn't lend itself to readers offering comments. But I would like to request from my readers their opinion of OLR to assess if you are getting value from the site. Thank you.
- Injury Report for 5/28.
- WV Hooligans previews of this weekend's games.
- Terrific stats from MLS and EPL by Nordecke Luchador.
- DC United's Barklage lost for season.
- Tom Dunmore collates info on the St. Louis situation. I recommend reading the links in Tom's post.
- The Good Old Days were not so good.
- Scientific formula of a perfect penalty kick.
- Jamie Trecker asks ... Why play friendlies?
- This piece should get a chuckle out of MLS fans. 'Is the Premier League Turning into a Proving Ground for Potential Superstars?'.
- Charlie Davies' accident still shrouded in mystery.
- Violent tackling will be focus of referees in World Cup and beyond.
- AC Milan Lab's secret of youth.
- St. Louis Athletica debacle and soccer fan soul searching.
- Team USA and the state of the soccer nation.
- Cash stolen from Colombia's players rooms in South Africa.
- FIFA finds no evidence of plan to bribe World Cup referees.
- Julio Cesar join Lloris in condemnation of WC ball.
- Jason Kuenle discusses the position battles on the USMNT.
- Swiss striker Streller joins Essien and Ballack on the World Cup sidelines.
- Pre cup friendlies: Ireland 3 Algeria 0
Around the World
- How not to run a football club.
- German club Arminia Bielefeld is on the brink of bankruptcy.
- The Supporters Trust movement reaches Serie A.
- Man U must sell players to pay debts, analysts say.
- The American Needle decision and MLS. Highly recommended read for single entity geeks.