- Jamie Trecker: Jamie reopens the MLS schedule issue
- Richard Farley: Anchoring The Casual Fan: Major League Soccer’s Parity Paradox
- Seattle is in the middle of a stretch in which they play 11 matches in 42 days and they're doing just fine, so far.
- Columbus is just entering a period of 7 matches in 22 days, between MLS, US Open Cup and CONCACAF Champions League
I'll be paying close attention to the fallout of the USSF meeting regarding the financial requirements for groups that are applying to play in D2. Specifically that means I'll be following Brian Quarstad of Inside Minnesota Soccer for updates to the situation.
If you didn't read the IMS post, here are the highlights so far ...
- USSF looking for the majority owners of teams to have a net worth of $20M
- a $750K bond to be posted at the beginning of each season
- Teams must be playing in a Soccer Specific Stadium within 5 years
Around the World
- World Cup: South Africa hoping for post Cup bounce
- Martin O'Neill's resignation as Aston Villa's manager sure came as a surprise to me.
- Lazio sign Sao Paulo star midfielder
- Shorey moves from Villa to West Brom
- Andre Ooijer to Ajax