- Revs: Revs part ways with midfielder Niouky
- Business: MLS to Versus is close to a no-brainer
- Quakes: San Jose signs midfielder Khari Stephenson
- RBNY wins, RSL and Philly draw
- Chatting With Some Development Academy Coaches by J.R. Eskilson.
- Brian Quarstad continues his reporting on the 2nd division in the US pyramid.
Well the plot gets thicker. USSF is sticking to the financial guidelines that Brian reported on Monday. They also say that they are adamant about not running D2 next year.
Austin, Carolina, Edmonton, Miami, Montreal, Rochester and Tampa Bay would appear to be OK. Non-profit owned Minnesota and Puerto Rico, owned by the Bureau of Tourism are in a nether world.
FIFA requires leagues to have 8 teams for formal sanctioning, with exceptions. There's so much more, so read Brian's post. It's fair to say that for expansion hopefuls, most have probably resigned themselves to D3, while the D2 picture remains muddy. Stay tuned.
Around the World
- Copa Libertadores: Internacional takes 1st leg of final over Chivas
- CONMEBOL: Copa Sudamericana update
- Stoke sign Kenwyne Jones from Sunderland
- West Ham agree loan deal for Miralem Sulejmani of Ajax
- ESPN Reach Agreement with Fox Over EPL TV Rights in U.S.
- Manchester United sign Portuguese striker Bébé
- Marlon Harewood one of five Blackpool signings