Robbie Rogers will have surgery that will sideline him for up to 4 weeks. This comes at a bad time for the Crew as they begin a stretch of 7 matches in 22 days.
- Timbers: John Spencer to coach MLS team in 2011
- Union: Danny Cepero loaned to Philadelphia
- Chivas USA: Galindo loaned to Tampa for fitness rehab
- Tactics: Getting the most out of that shiny new DP
- The USMNT were outclassed by a young Brasilian team in a friendly in New Jersey.
- Brian Quarstad continues his reporting on the 2nd division in the US pyramid.
The USSF-D2 has 12 teams. Three of them will be in MLS within the next two years. Of the remaining 9, 2 are brand new teams. Of the remaining 7, one was promoted from D3 and 4 of those 7 are suffering lower attendances than last year. Not a pretty picture. As of now the teams that will be in D2 next year are:
Montreal(headed to MLS in 2012) and
Austin, Carolina, Crystal Palace Baltimore, Edmonton, Miami, Minnesota, Puerto Rico, Rochester, St. Louis and Tampa Bay, with reports that Crystal Palace and St. Louis are in financial trouble.
Around the World