- Dave Martinez is reporting that Estonia midfielder Joel Lindpere from Norwegian side Tromsø has signed with RBNY.
- With the loss of Gonazalo Segares, the Chicago Fire have signed Polish youth national defender Krzysztof Krol.
- Buzz Carrick on FC Dallas' release of keeper Ray Burse.
- EPL club Blackburn have signed Turkish international Yildiray Basturk from Stuttgart for the rest of the season.
- Tottenham appears to have signed Eidur Gudjohnsen despite all earlier indications that he would sign with West Ham United.
The Business of Soccer
- Soccer in Seattle is continuing on an upward trajectory. The Sounders bumped total season tickets from 22,000 in 2009 to 32,000 in 2010. Qwest Field will hold around 35,500 for Sounder matches.
- Tom Dunmore with a good piece on the restrictions that will be in place for UEFA clubs beginning in the 2013-14 season. Remember I noted the report that has 50% of the clubs losing money.
- I normally don't cover USL/NASL/USSF-D2, but Kenn Tomasch always does such a good job, I thought I'd point to his piece on the plan of the Tampa Bay Rowdies to play in Steinbrenner Field.
- Kenn also chimes in on the CBA and the potential for a lockout. There has been a raft of articles popping up on the web with the contract expiring on January 31, but I like Kenn's work, so here you are.
- On a cheerier note, Chivas USA has opened it's preseason camp.
- Setanta USA will end its operations on Feb 28 and Fox Soccer Plus will pick up most of its programming beginning March 1.
- ESPN and ABC announce expanded coverage of the 2010 World Cup.
MLS Stepping Up to Help Haiti
- The Colorado Rapids will host the Seattle Sounders at 7 p.m. March 19 at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park to raise money for earthquake relief efforts in Haiti.
- RBNY is holding an online auction to support the relief effort in Haiti. The auction has begun and will run until March 15.